Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Jay Style

"Kay, do you know why we do this?"


I couldn't resist. "Because you're a spanko?"


I turned my head to see that slight smile before he doubled down on that serious thing he always does right before maintenance happens. "Kay. Do you know why we do this?"


I sighed. "Yes," I answered truthfully. "But it still helps me if you say it." Anything to get my head where it's supposed to be!


"For our family, for our relationship, for my sanity, for your focus. Okay, let's begin."


It came to my mind at the moment to say what he said was so profound, it should be embroidered on a pillow, but fearing it might be taken as sass rather than the glowing compliment intended, I kept my mouth shut. See, I'm learning.



But wow, huh? He summed up in one sentence what would have probably taken me ten pages to write out.


Talented guy.



So there you have it folks. Our entire reason for doing this.


Said Jay style.

8 comments:

  1. I sure wouldn't let my ogre read this. He'd agree 100%, and he sure doesn't need reinforcements. I say "don't do this to me!" And he says "I'm doing it FOR US." Bah. (By the way, I don't recommend saying "because you're a spanko?" Just trust me on this.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, that "FOR US" and the weird love hate relationship that goes with that phrase. So confusing, just thinking about it makes my brain feel like a bag of salad, haha.

      And right, YOU shouldn't ever say that, geez, lol. Jay though proudly acknowledges it (the "for my sanity" part?), so I'm safer. I admit though, choosing to say it while he's brandishing an implement probably isn't the smartest move, no. ;)

      Delete
    2. LOL Stormy...really don't think your Ogre would act any differently if he read Jay's comment. ;)

      Happy to see you commenting.

      Hugs and blessings...Cat

      Delete
  2. I like the fact that you both do it for 'us.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Minelle! It's comforting that even though our roles differ, we're still partners working together towards a common goal, for what we both see as most important. :)

      Delete
  3. Very well said on Jay's part. I love the fact you both do it for 'us' too. Had to giggle at you calling Jay a spanko lol. Very wise of you holding back on the second comment too lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz! Yes the depth of my wisdom surprises even me sometimes. (Or it could have been that maintenance started and I was too busy clenching my teeth to get the words out, ha!).

      That's something Jay tries so hard at. He acts powertrippy in teasing because that's his way, but in reality, everything always passes that test. It cements my trust in him. The only bad part of it is when he pulls out the "for us" card when I'm protesting a new (or current) rule. But other than that it's awesome. ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow Kay...Jay stated it beautifully didn't he. I do like the "for my sanity" that he added. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete